Cost of living comparison between Johannesburg, South Africa and Abuja, Nigeria
WARNING! Abuja has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Abuja.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,496 prices entered by 248 different people.
These prices were last updated on December 07, 2016. Exchange rate: 23.040 NGN / ZAR *
Do you live in Abuja? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Johannesburg (South Africa) is 27% cheaper than in Abuja (Nigeria)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 1,562,500 ₦ in Abuja you would need to make just about 1,147,280 ₦ (R 49,795) in Johannesburg.
Recent Prices Added
- 12 eggs, large in Tel Aviv costs 25 ₪ (22 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Kuala Lumpur costs RM1.80 (32 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Paris costs €80 (38 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Mumbai costs ₨150 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 45 m2 furnished studio in normal area in İzmit costs 400TL (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in San Diego, California costs $26,429 (about 2 hours ago)