Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Abu Ghraib, Iraq
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 47 prices entered by 9 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 21, 2016. Exchange rate: 1.297 IQD / KPW *
Do you live in Abu Ghraib? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 38% cheaper than in Abu Ghraib (Iraq)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 11,718,750 Dinar in Abu Ghraib you would need to make just about 7,322,450 Dinar (5,647,134 ₩) in Pyongyang.
Recent Prices Added
- Bread for 2 people for 1 day (250 g) in Luxembourg costs €1.10 (14 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Hong Kong costs HK$40,000 (30 minutes ago)
- Ipod nano 16gb in Jeddah costs ﷼ 599 (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Houston, Texas costs $1,886 (about 2 hours ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Managua costs 200 C$ (about 2 hours ago)
- 1 year rent - 480 sqft furnished studio in expensive area in Frankfurt am Main costs €84 (about 2 hours ago)