Cost of living in Damascus, Syria compared to Abu Ghraib, Iraq
WARNING! Damascus has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Damascus.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 85 prices entered by 5 different people.
These prices were last updated on May 25, 2017. Exchange rate: 2.293 IQD / SYP *
Do you live in Abu Ghraib? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Damascus (Syria) is 60% cheaper than in Abu Ghraib (Iraq)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 2,031,250 Dinar in Abu Ghraib you would need to make just about 816,217 Dinar (355,915 £) in Damascus.
Recent Prices Added
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in San Pedro Sula costs L 200 (13 minutes ago)
- 1 year rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Calgary costs C$123 (37 minutes ago)
- 8 rolls of toilet paper in Jerusalem costs 30 ₪ (about 1 hour ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Dallas, Texas costs $1,058 (about 1 hour ago)
- Volkswagen golf 1.4 tsi 150 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Delhi costs ₨872,810 (about 1 hour ago)
- Internet connection 300 mbps, 1 month in Dublin costs €50 (about 1 hour ago)