Cost of living comparison between Pyongyang, North Korea and Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
WARNING! Pyongyang has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Pyongyang.
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 64 prices entered by 10 different people.
These prices were last updated on October 24, 2016. Exchange rate: 0.00091 GBP / KPW *
Do you live in Aberystwyth? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
Cost of living in Pyongyang (North Korea) is 32% more expensive than in Aberystwyth (United Kingdom)
For example, you would need at least £3,311 (3,641,675 ₩) in Pyongyang to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with £2,500 in Aberystwyth.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Port Moresby costs 500 Kina (10 minutes ago)
- Basic lunchtime menu (including a drink) in the business district in Newcastle costs AU$15 (17 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Seattle, Washington costs $2,236 (39 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $65 (about 1 hour ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Barcelona costs €25,800 (about 1 hour ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Christchurch costs NZ$1,849 (about 1 hour ago)