Cost of living in Thailand
Map of Cost of Living in Thailand
This map shows only the top cities in Thailand. We also have on this page a list of all the cities available in Expatistan.
The color of the markers corresponds with the Cost of Living in the city. Red markers show more expensive cities, green ones show cheaper cities.
The size of the markers correspond with the population of each city.
Moving the mouse on top of a city will show its name and the Cost of Living Index of the city.
What is the Cost of Living Index? To calculate each cities' Cost of Living Index value, we start by assigning a value of 100 to a
central reference city (that happens to be Prague).
Once the reference point has been stablished, the Price Index value of every other city in the
database is calculated by comparing their cost of living to the cost of living in Prague.
Therefore, if a city has a Price Index of 134, that means that living there is 34% more expensive than living in Prague.
- Cost of living in Bangkok is 24% cheaper than in Chicago
- Cost of living in Bangkok is 176% more expensive than in Hyderabad
- Cost of living in Chiang Mai is 67% cheaper than in New York City
- Cost of living in Surat Thani is 41% cheaper than in Lyon
- Cost of living in Chiang Mai is about the same as in Ho Chi Minh City
- Cost of living in Chiang Mai is 49% cheaper than in San Diego
- Cost of living in Phuket is 8% more expensive than in Budapest
- Cost of living in Bangkok is 37% cheaper than in Groningen
- Cost of living in Bangkok is 32% cheaper than in Malmo
- Cost of living in Bangkok is 6% more expensive than in Kuala Lumpur
- Cost of living in Bangkok is 35% cheaper than in Boston
- Cost of living in Bangkok is about the same as in Oporto
List of all cities available in Thailand
Recent Prices Added
- 1 liter (1/4 gallon) of gas in Bangkok costs 41 ฿ (1 day ago)
- 1 liter (1 qt.) of whole fat milk in Bangkok costs 40 ฿ (1 day ago)
- 1 beer in neighbourhood pub (500ml or 1pt.) in Bangkok costs 120 ฿ (1 day ago)
- 1 cocktail drink in downtown club in Bangkok costs 250 ฿ (1 day ago)
- monthly rent for a 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished apartment in NORMAL area of the city in Bangkok costs 50,000 ฿ (1 day ago)
- 1 bottle of red table wine, good quality in Bangkok costs 1,000 ฿ (1 day ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (Big Mac Meal or similar) in Bangkok costs 150 ฿ (1 day ago)
- Daily menu in the business district in Bangkok costs 300 ฿ (1 day ago)
- dinner out for two in Italian restaurant with wine and dessert in Bangkok costs 2,500 ฿ (1 day ago)
- Capuccino in expat area of the city in Bangkok costs 150 ฿ (1 day ago)