Cost of living comparison between Georgetown (Penang), Malaysia and Manchester, United Kingdom
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,522 prices entered by 254 different people.
These prices were last updated on November 28, 2014. Exchange rate: 0.18996 GBP / MYR
What do you think about this comparison?
- Cost of living in Miami is 20% more expensive than in São Paulo
- Cost of living in New York City is 66% more expensive than in São Paulo
- Cost of living in Lisbon is 10% cheaper than in São Paulo
- Cost of living in Orlando is about the same as in São Paulo
- Cost of living in Rio de Janeiro is about the same as in São Paulo
- Cost of living in Buenos Aires is 30% cheaper than in São Paulo
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 53% cheaper than in Singapore
- Cost of living in London is 78% more expensive than in São Paulo
- Cost of living in São Paulo is about the same as in Rio de Janeiro
- Cost of living in Astana is 19% cheaper than in Florence
Cost of living in Georgetown (Penang) (Malaysia) is 35% cheaper than in Manchester (United Kingdom)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require £3,125 in Manchester you would need to make just about £2,046 (RM10,769) in Georgetown (Penang).
Do you live in Manchester? We need your help!
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent for 85 m2 (900 Sqft) furnished accommodation in EXPENSIVE area in Bogotá costs COL$3,500,000 (8 minutes ago)
- Combo meal in fast food restaurant (Big Mac Meal or similar) in Melbourne costs AU$8 (23 minutes ago)
- Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI 140 CV 6 vel. (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Cuernavaca costs Mex$ 271,990 (about 2 hours ago)
- 1 summer dress in a chain store (Zara, H&M, ...) in Budapest costs 1,500 Ft (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly ticket public transport in Edmonton costs C$89 (about 3 hours ago)
- Monthly ticket public transport in Brussels costs €30 (about 4 hours ago)