Cost of living comparison between Lilongwe, Malawi and Edinburgh, United Kingdom
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,377 prices entered by 258 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 06, 2015. Exchange rate: 0.00145 GBP / MWK
Do you live in Edinburgh? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
- Cost of living in New York is 151% more expensive than in DF
- Cost of living in Singapore is 116% more expensive than in Kuala Lumpur
- Cost of living in London is 10% more expensive than in New York
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 54% cheaper than in Singapore
- Cost of living in London is about the same as in Grand Cayman
- Cost of living in Vancouver is 4% cheaper than in Toronto
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 61% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in London is 37% more expensive than in Paris
- Cost of living in Sydney is 24% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in New York is about the same as in SF
Cost of living in Lilongwe (Malawi) is 38% cheaper than in Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require £3,750 in Edinburgh you would need to make just about £2,313 (1,597,981 Kwacha) in Lilongwe.
Recent Prices Added
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Campo Grande costs R$ 1,900 (3 minutes ago)
- Lunchtime menu in the business district in Montreal costs C$18 (6 minutes ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Nairobi costs Shilling215,000 (14 minutes ago)
- Public transport in Saarbrücken costs €55 (27 minutes ago)
- 500 g of bread in Duisburg costs €1.00 (43 minutes ago)
- Utilities (heating, electricity, gas ...), monthly for 1 person in 45 m2 in Bucharest costs 150 lei (about 1 hour ago)