Cost of living comparison between Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,432 prices entered by 207 different people.
These prices were last updated on April 18, 2015. Exchange rate: 19.863 TZS / KES
Do you live in Dar es Salaam? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
- Cost of living in Paris is about the same as in Dublin
- Cost of living in London is about the same as in New York
- Cost of living in Las Vegas is 89% more expensive than in Belgrade
- Cost of living in New York is about the same as in London
- Cost of living in Paris is 88% more expensive than in Vilnius
- Cost of living in Paris is 27% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in Bangalore is 15% cheaper than in Mumbai
- Cost of living in Seoul is 93% more expensive than in Prague
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 55% cheaper than in Singapore
- Cost of living in Johor Bahru is 63% cheaper than in Singapore
Cost of living in Nairobi (Kenya) is 25% cheaper than in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 11,718,750 Shilling in Dar es Salaam you would need to make just about 8,839,596 Shilling (Shilling445,030) in Nairobi.
Recent Prices Added
- 12 eggs, large in San Francisco, California costs $3.50 (31 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 85 m2 furnished accommodation in expensive area in Santos, Sao Paulo costs R$ 3,000 (34 minutes ago)
- 500 g of boneless chicken breast in Tehran costs ﷼ 85,000 (36 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of whole fat milk in Lisbon costs €0.70 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Las Vegas, Nevada costs $1,042 (about 3 hours ago)
- 24 tablets box of cold medicine (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex ...) in Rome costs €11 (about 3 hours ago)