Cost of living comparison between Nairobi, Kenya and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
WARNING! This comparison is based on only a few data points. At this point it is only a guess. It is based on 2,714 prices entered by 229 different people.
These prices were last updated on July 27, 2015. Exchange rate: 21.051 TZS / KES
Do you live in Dar es Salaam? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
- Cost of living in New York is 150% more expensive than in DF
- Cost of living in London is 233% more expensive than in Hanoi
- Cost of living in London is 10% more expensive than in New York
- Cost of living in Paris is 28% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 54% cheaper than in Singapore
- Cost of living in Vancouver is 7% cheaper than in Toronto
- Cost of living in Berlin is 48% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in New York is 201% more expensive than in Hanoi
- Cost of living in Vancouver is 41% more expensive than in Joburg
- Cost of living in New York is 9% cheaper than in London
Cost of living in Nairobi (Kenya) is 22% cheaper than in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
For example, to keep the same standard of living that would require 9,765,625 Shilling in Dar es Salaam you would need to make just about 7,616,227 Shilling (Shilling361,798) in Nairobi.
Recent Prices Added
- Lunchtime menu in the business district in Cascavel costs R$ 27 (16 minutes ago)
- Lunchtime menu in the business district in San Salvador costs $15 (35 minutes ago)
- 1 liter of gasoline in Vilnius costs 4.20 Lt (about 1 hour ago)
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv 6 vel. (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Tulsa, Oklahoma costs $24,000 (about 1 hour ago)
- 24 tablets box of cold medicine (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex ...) in Oporto costs €5.95 (about 2 hours ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in San Francisco, California costs $5,083 (about 2 hours ago)