Cost of living comparison between New York City, United States and Buenos Aires, Argentina
WARNING! Buenos Aires has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Buenos Aires.
These prices were last updated on July 06, 2015. Exchange rate: 9.097 ARS / USD *
This comparison is based on abundant and consistent data. It is based on 35,886 prices entered by 3,405 different people.
Do you live in Buenos Aires? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
- Cost of living in New York is 151% more expensive than in DF
- Cost of living in Singapore is 116% more expensive than in Kuala Lumpur
- Cost of living in London is 10% more expensive than in New York
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 54% cheaper than in Singapore
- Cost of living in London is about the same as in Grand Cayman
- Cost of living in Vancouver is 4% cheaper than in Toronto
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 61% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in London is 37% more expensive than in Paris
- Cost of living in Sydney is 24% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in New York is about the same as in SF
Cost of living in New York City (United States) is 178% more expensive than in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
For example, you would need at least ARS $10,412 ($1,145) in New York City to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ARS $3,750 in Buenos Aires.
Recent Prices Added
- Volkswagen golf 2.0 tdi 140 cv 6 vel. (or equivalent), with no extras, new in Kraków costs 95,000 zł (21 minutes ago)
- 1 us gal of whole fat milk in Orlando, Florida costs $1.19 (22 minutes ago)
- Monthly rent - 900 sqft furnished accommodation in expensive area in Portland, Oregon costs $610 (27 minutes ago)
- Hourly rate for domestic cleaning help in Charlotte, North Carolina costs $9 (36 minutes ago)
- Ipod nano 16gb in Ljubljana costs €208 (41 minutes ago)
- Lunchtime menu in the business district in Paris costs €9 (about 1 hour ago)