Cost of living comparison between New York City, United States and Buenos Aires, Argentina
WARNING! Buenos Aires has artificial and unrealistic official exchange rates. You can also get this comparison using the parallel street rate in Buenos Aires.
These prices were last updated on April 25, 2015. Exchange rate: 8.874 ARS / USD *
This comparison is based on abundant and consistent data. It is based on 34,557 prices entered by 3,243 different people.
Do you live in Buenos Aires? We need your help!
What do you think about this comparison?
- Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is 54% cheaper than in Singapore
- Cost of living in Paris is 88% more expensive than in Vilnius
- Cost of living in London is about the same as in New York
- Cost of living in Las Vegas is 88% more expensive than in Belgrade
- Cost of living in Paris is 26% cheaper than in London
- Cost of living in Bangalore is 16% cheaper than in Mumbai
- Cost of living in New York is about the same as in London
- Cost of living in Seoul is 93% more expensive than in Prague
- Cost of living in Paris is about the same as in Dublin
- Cost of living in Tokyo is 29% more expensive than in Toyama
Cost of living in New York City (United States) is 182% more expensive than in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
For example, you would need at least ARS $7,043 ($794) in New York City to maintain the same standard of living that you can have with ARS $2,500 in Buenos Aires.
Recent Prices Added
- Public transport in Delhi costs ₨1,000 (3 minutes ago)
- Summer dress in a chain store (zara, h&m, ...) in Nashville, Tennessee costs $20 (about 2 hours ago)
- 24 tablets box of cold medicine (tylenol, frenadol, coldrex ...) in Mexico City costs Mex$ 35 (about 3 hours ago)
- Weekly rent - 2 bedroom (85m2) furnished accommodation in expensive area in Melbourne costs AU$2,580 (about 3 hours ago)
- Lunchtime menu in the business district in Lincoln, Nebraska costs $12 (about 3 hours ago)
- Lunchtime menu in the business district in Los Angeles, California costs $15 (about 3 hours ago)